The Rugby Family History Group ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We collect and maintain personal information in order to administer the affairs of the Society.
The Act covers personal data that is stored on computer or paper.
This means :
- We have to tell you what personal data we collect.
- We have to tell you why we collect that data.
- We have to ensure we do not keep personal data for any longer than is necessary.
- We have to maintain the data to ensure it is accurate and fit for purpose.
- We have to ensure that data is accessible only by authorised persons.
- We have to tell you to whom we will disclose your personal data and why.
- You have a right to inspect the data that we hold about you.
- You can object to the Group processing your personal data.
What Personal Data does RFHG collect?
- For members of the Group, we will collect your name, postal address, e mail address and telephone number.
- As a result of your membership of the Group other personal data will be generated; this will include records of payments made by you to the Group, correspondence and help requests.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use to try and improve what we offer, although you do not have to respond to them.
Why does the Group collect this data?
- We have to collect a minimum amount of information to maintain membership records and to enable us to send notices, for example, of the Annual General Meeting and newsletters, to members.
- The Group will not use your personal data for the purposes of direct marketing or for any automated decision-making.
How long will the Group keep personal data?
- We will retain your contact data for a maximum of 7 years after you cease to be a member of the Group. Any personal data no longer of legitimate use to the Group will be deleted within 90 days of the end of the financial year.
How will the Group ensure my personal data is accurate?
- The Group and the individual both have responsibilities for ensuring that personal data is accurate and fit for purpose.
- If your personal data changes (for example you move house or change email address) you should inform the Secretary in writing of the change.
How will the Group ensure that my personal data is secure?
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where membership information is held on Personal Computers, it is held in an encrypted database.
- Committee members who hold paper copies of members’ details are reminded to take the utmost care of the copies to ensure they are not lost. Paper copies will hold some or all of: name, address, telephone number, email address and membership number.
Will the Group disclose personal data to anyone else?
The Group will only disclose personal data:
- Where we are obliged to do so by law or are directed to do so by the Courts.
- To members of the committee who have a legitimate reason for holding it.
How can I see the personal data the Group holds about me?
- You should write to the Secretary (address below) asking for a copy of the personal data the Group holds about you. You should state clearly if you wish to see a record of payments.
Can I object to my personal data being processed?
- Yes, you can object to personal data being processed if you believe that such processing would, in the words of the Act, cause substantial damage or distress to you or another individual. In practical terms, the data held by the Group is the minimum for workable administration.
- If you object you should do so in writing to the Secretary stating what damage or distress would be caused and to whom. We have 21 days to respond, either to comply with your request or to state why the request is unreasonable or unjustified.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.